Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

Reading right now: "I Was A Teenage Dominatrix" by Shawna Kenney

2. How many books have you read so far?

This is my fourth book...three done, almost halfway through this one!

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

HHHmmm...looking forward to most? Either "Ambulance Girl" by Jane Stern or "How to Be a Villain" by Neil Zawacki.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Nope - no special arrangements. Saturdays rock!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Not many interruptions. A couple of phone calls, some dinner. I didn't find dealing with them difficult - I think they actually helped me re-focus.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Biggest surprise - how many different types of mini-challenges there are! Everyone is so creative!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

For next year, we need to spread the word more! That's the only thing we can improve upon. It's so much fun!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

For next year, I need to find more audiobooks.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Not tired yet. I normally stay up until about 3am on weekends, so I won't struggle until after that!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

For Readers - pick books that make you laugh. Laughing keeps you involved and alert!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing 3 books - and almost a fourth! Can you believe we're past the half way point? It's gone by so fast! I hope you're still having fun - enjoy your remaining books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having fun so far. Keep up the good work!

    Drea
    bookblather.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the title of the book you're reading!

    Audiobooks are your salvation. I'm not tired yet, but I would give my life to have a nice audiobook who let me keep my eyes closed for awhile.

    Keep it up! You're doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your cat's name is Familiar. Hilarious!

    You're doing a fabulous job! We're over halfway through it so make sure you stay on top of things and keep up the good work! Have fun with your reading.

    ReplyDelete