Sunday, October 25, 2009

End of Event....

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

Hour 22 - 5am to 6am. I wasn't sure I'd make it at that point...

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I recommend two that I finished this year - Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle by Stephanie Snowe and I Was a Teenage Dominatrix by Shawna Kenney. Both were HYSTERICAL and kept me laughing and plowing ahead.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Just let more people know about it! This has been awesome!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I think everyone was so encouraging - I had numerous contacts from Cheerleaders and other readers.

5. How many books did you read?

6

6. What were the names of the books you read?

Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle - Stephanie Snowe
Cupid & Diana - Christina Bartolomeo
Night - Elie Weisel
I Was a Teenage Dominatrix - Shawna Kenney
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Ambulance Girl - Jane Stern

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

Different ones for different reasons! "Night" was just flat out amazing. So dark and harrowing. The first two memoirs (Mr. Wrong & Dominatrix) were funnier than funny.

8. Which did you enjoy least?

Cupid & Diana...not a bad book, just very average.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I wasn't a Cheerleader this year, but they all did a great job!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

April, you said??? Sounds good to me. I'm there. I'm going to read again.

: )

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you think the cheerleaders did a great job! :) And that' you're planning on reading again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! So glad you enjoyed the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the readathon. 'Night' is a book I've been meaning to read for ages!

    ReplyDelete